Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My wife has a laptop and I have a laptop. I have an amazon…

Customer Question
Good morning. My...

Good morning. My wife has a laptop and I have a laptop. I have an amazon account on my laptop and just purchased a year subscription to prime. My wife has her own account on her computer but does not have prime. I'd like to access my account on her computer (which I am on now), so that she can have the benefit of prime. However, every time I try to open Amazon on her computer it goes right to her account. How do I make it possible for her to sign in to my account, with its Prime advantage, from her computer?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

On MY laptop, its High Sierra, on hers Sierra (both Macintosh)

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

I'm not sure what you mean. The browser on both Macs is called Safari, if that is the question.

Technician's Assistant: Have you updated Safari recently?

Except for automatic updates which may have occurred without our knowledge, I updated to High Sierra a few months ago; she has been with Sierra since she purchased the laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Why are we connecting to Microsoft expert if these are Macintosh questions?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/10/2018
Laptop technician: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 4 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Have you asked your wife to logout her account from Amazon? Amazon detects her computer as a 'trusted computer'.

So to fix this, logout her account and clear any cache and cookies from your browser.

This should then prevent the browser to directly go to her account when you visit the Amazon website.

Also once you logout her account, you can see a session wherein you can add your account. Thus letting you switch between two accounts respectively. Please see attached screenshot.

Thank you.
Domijones

Laptop technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 4 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Please let me know if you require further assistance?