Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

What does the HP Accelerometer do? I just bought an HP Envy…

What does the HP...

What does the HP Accelerometer do?

Technician's Assistant: What HP product do you have?

I just bought an HP Envy and at startup get a dialogue box telling me this app does not work with my new laptop. I probably had it on my previous laptop that I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Then when Best Buy transferred all my data and apps, it tagged along and now apparently is not good for this particular laptop

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Envy? Have you installed any updates recently?

No Just purchased this laptop, it came with 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, do I need "HP Accelerometer" on my new laptop?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

That is fine. Thank you

HP Accelerometer protects the hard drive from shocks and drops. It's not that essential for Windows 10 as it's known to create problems.

We can uninstall it. It will stop giving you prompt during Start up

Would you like me to remote into your computer and remove the Accelerometer?

Thank you.
I will attempt to find the app and delete it. If I have issues doing that task,I will get back with you. Did I see a process to return to the same tech?
I should have said “uninstall “.

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a program > look for HP 3D DriveGuard in the list and then right click and select Uninstall.

This will solve your problem.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you
Sucess,,,Thank you again
Success...

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen > then select Submit.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer