Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My Microsoft Surface Pro 4 I just got last week. As soon as…

Customer Question
My Microsoft Surface Pro...

My Microsoft Surface Pro 4 I just got last week. As soon as I unplug it it turns off and will not turn on. Says the battery is at 100%

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

I just got it and this was the default behavior out of the box

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/9/2018
Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

Hello there! I'm sorry you are having this issue and I'm here to help.

If your surface pro is charged to 100% or is near 100% and shows as charging but still turns off when unplugged try the following steps:

Step 1: Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then release it.

Step 2: Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds and then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.

Step 3: After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.

Step 4: Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You should see the Surface logo.

If the above still does not fix and if you are in the US, I strongly suggest you go to a physical retail Microsoft Store and speak to a store manager and consider swapping for the newer Surface Pro if at all possible.

If this worked, please give me a 5-star rating!