Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Need to reset my password. Surface pro started up my

Customer Question
Need to reset my...

Need to reset my password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Surface pro started up my computer and received a bitlocker recovery notice

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

I tried to obtain the bitlocker recovery key but could not access my microsoftacount as I did not have the correct paaword I tried to reset paawordwithout success

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/9/2018
Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

Please try these steps:

On the sign-in screen, type your Microsoft account name if it's not displayed. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one to reset.
Select I forgot my password ***** the password ***** box.
On the Recover your account screen, type the characters displayed in the box below Enter the characters you see, then select Next.
On the Verify your identity screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you choose text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send code.
When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it and then select Next.
On the Reset your password ***** create a new password, and then select Next. This sets your new password. Select Next again to return to the sign-in screen.
Sign in with your new Microsoft account password.

I hope this solves your question. If it does, Please give me a 5-star rating! Thanks!