Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

When laptop turns on just dark blue screen

3/7/2018
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer.

Press and hold the power button for a minute.

Then, release the power button and wait for two minutes.

After that, press the power button to start the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

still just blank screen.

Does it have a removable battery?

Thank you.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.

Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)

Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).

Normally power on the notebook.

If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.

Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

Thank you.

DID THAT YESTERDAY.

If so, please let me know the below information.

1. Please remove both AC Adapter and battery.

2. Connect the AC Adapter only. Keep the battery removed.

3. Press the power button to turn ON.

Check if you see the power light blink when you press the power button. Let me know the exact response you are getting such as a fan or anything.

Thank you.

TWO LIGHTS CAME ON NO BLINKING.
JUST ADAPTER LIGHT STAYED ON MADE QUICK WHIRRING NOISE WHICH IT ALWAYS DOES.

It seems like a hardware issue. Either with the mainboard or the display. I would suggest you contact a local technician, becuase it needs hands on repair. Is the computer in warranty?

Thank you.

NO.

Please contact a local technician. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you.

Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist