Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My CD got stuck inside, It needed a charge but I had to

Customer Question
My CD got stuck...

My CD got stuck inside, It needed a charge but I had to leave the house and now I have no charging light. is my battery dead? It's a dell studio 1558

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

No speaker laptop. no lights at all

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

How? lol

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I was just wondering if I needed a new battery and why my CD wouldn't eject

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
3/7/2018
Laptop technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how can I reset the speaker?

I am afraid to say that the DC power jack of your laptop has gone bad. If the laptop's DC power jack is faulty then the power doesn't even reach the laptop's motherboard. As a result of which neither the battery charges nor the laptop powers on without the battery.
Some power jacks(power receptacle) fail under normal operation of your computer. After a year or two of usage. After the jack is moved back and forth enough times ( when you insert the power adapter cord and then remove it many times, it comes loose).
Generally, a new DC power jack will cost around 2-6$.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

Do you have electronic equipment repair experience?

There are usually four terminals of the DC jack connected to the motherboard. You have to check all the solder drops of all the four terminals for burnt marks. If you don't find anything wrong then also we will have to desolder all the four terminals and then re-solder all of them again.
Before resoldering, you also need to check whether the DC jack is working alright or not. For that remove the DC jack completely from the motherboard and then connect the charger cord to the DC power jack and then test the four terminals of the DC power jack using a multimeter to see whether current is flowing or not.If the current is not flowing then you will have to replace the DC power jack with a new one else resolder the old DC power jack.
If you are you comfortable working with electronic components & circuitry and a soldering iron then you can try all the above process else the best bet will be to go to a local repair shop.
Please let me know what you want to do.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm done

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Please let me know if you face any difficulty in rating my service.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not happy for $47 dollar answer. not happy at all

I am extremely sorry for giving you a bad news. I just wanted to be completely honest with you.

Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback from our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer