Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have an acer aspire laptop. Several of the keyboard keys…

Customer Question
I have an acer...

I have an acer aspire laptop. Several of the keyboard keys have a character in white and a character in blue. For example, the letter "p" is in white and the character "** (asterisk) is in blue. When I press that key, the asterist is typed rather than the letter P. I don' t know what I did to create this behavior, and I don't know to change this so the white charters (which are the appear on most tof the keys) are typed.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have tried to press various "f" keys at the top, to no avail. Ye,s I had thorough virus scan and virus semantic virus protection installation done yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am in a bit of ahurry

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/7/2018
Laptop technician: Kris R, IT Manager replied 4 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, IT Manager

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

I am ready to work on this issue now.
I do not want o use remote, I need to know what I did to create the problem. I shut down my laptop last night and opened it this morning and the problem has gone away--for now, but how did it start?

Hi

Would it be OK If you could give me the make and the model please?

Thanks

Kris

Acer Aspire

Do you have the model number also?

I answered this question to answers ago.BTW the laptop is an Acer Aspire Switch 10
Are you there?

Yes, would it be OK to call you?

but I am about to walk out the door to meeting and will not return for at least 2 hours.I can talk in the car, but will not be able to do anything with the laptop.

OK let' do it when you have the Laptop and are free.

ok

Thanks

I am available now for about an hour at(###) ###-####