Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

We have a Toshiba tv that says Regza on the front. We have…

Customer Question
We have a Toshiba...

We have a Toshiba tv that says Regza on the front. We have just received an Oyicon tv adapter 3.0 to use with our Oticon hearing aids to individually control volume from our hearing aids. We need to plug it into the back of the tv. Red to red and white to white. There are a number of both red and white plugs on the back. I tried Audio out and that didn't work. Can you tell me what I should use? Virginia Allen

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Toshiba TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

I think so. Should it be audio in instead of audio out?

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

RCA

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

RCA with. only red and white plugs.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/6/2018
Laptop technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. I will walk you step by step through the process. First, plug the main box into a power outlet and reply when done.

Done. I presume you mean the box for the hearing aids.

I meant the box that connects to the TV. Next, connect the box to the TV using the RCA cables to the Audio out (red to red, white to white). Reply when done for the next step.

Also, instead of RCA, the manual recommends the TOSlink. You can look on your TV to see if you have a port called TOSlink

Let me know when that is done. It is ok to use the RCA port. Then we will go through the pairing steps,

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert