Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I can't play any dvd's on my laptop. I can hear the disks…

I can't play any...

I can't play any dvd's on my laptop. I can hear the disks spinntng, but nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

I have a gateway, and windows 10. it worked fine when i had windows 7. if i try and burn a dvd it will say please insert a dvd in drive d

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Gateway? Have you installed any updates recently?

I ran a check on all my drives and they're all up to date

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Also my mouse and keyboard are frozen on my desktop. HELP

3/6/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. I can only work with you on one question at a time. Let me know please which you would like assistance with and I will reply back as soon as I can.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would prefer to have my DVD player fixed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Okay we can work on your DVD drive. This was most likely caused by the Windows 10 upgrade deleting the driver needed to operate the drive. Right click on the Windows icon located on the left end of your Taskbar and select Device Manager and let me know when you are there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I’m there

Okay good. Are there any yellow symbols visible under any of the devices?

Still with me?

Were you able to locate that symbol?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No yellow symbols
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My computer says I have the best driver installed. I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it again. Nothing seems to work. I downloaded VLC media player, then tried to play a dvd and the player couldn’t open the input, whatever that means

Have you tried other discs?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m calling it a night, can we continue this in the morning

Sure thing. Get back to me when you can.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Let me know when you are ready to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m ready to go
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

Did you ever try using some other DVD discs, such as commercial movies, software or other DRD+R/-R or RW discs?

bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
none of them will play

Thanks for requesting remote assistance service. Please click HERE from your Windows PC to start a remote session with me. Thanks.

bbao
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User