Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have an hp Folio 9470m and am trying to pair with through…

I have an hp...

I have an hp Folio 9470m and am trying to pair with through bluetooth with my Bose Color 2 soundlink speaker. I was able to pair the devices last night. When I click on the devices and printers, it shows the device however it is greyed out and I can't make it black. I press the bluetooth on my speaker for 3 seconds which makes it flashing blue and "ready to pair" however, it is unable to connect to my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Folio?

Windows 7 professional service pak 1 which I like much better than the newer OS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Folio? Have you installed any updates recently?

No--however I don't understand why the bose soundlink icon was black instead of greyed out last night and it worked

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Computer Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

I don't want to sign up for a monthly fees. Is there a one time fee associated with getting this one issue resolved?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can I pay for a one time fee for this one time issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took pictures from my phone of the icon that is greyed out on my computer from Printer and Devices. You can see the computer successfully installed my speaker--I just can't select it as my speaker is not being successfully paired. I emailed the pictures to my email and stored them on my computer so I could try and "add photo" however this system is saying the picture file is too large to upload to this site.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/5/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please try these steps below to make sure bluetooth is turn on on the compouter:

From Control Panel
1. Click Start --> Devices and Printers
2. Right-click your computer in the list of devices and select Bluetooth settings.
3. Select the Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer checkbox in the Bluetooth Settings window, and then click OK.
4. To pair the device, go to Start --> Devices and Printers --> Add a device.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did all of that. I even turned off my computer, turned it back on, removed the device, turned on the bluetooth speaker. Once turned on, my computer found the bose soundlink and installed the software successfully; however, the Bose Soundlink speaker is greyed out on The Devices. How frustrating!! I know windows 7 is older but I hate the new versions of the new operating systems. They are so teenageish--large icons but I feel harder to navigate.My computer successfully paired with the bluetooth one time and I was able to listen to the music on my computer and watch netflix well by adjusting the volume on my Bose. Now, when I try to pair the speaker, it just says "ready to pair" but isn't successfully pairing with my computer even though I have always had the "Allow Bluetooth Devices to Find This Computer"I don't understand why it paired successfully once but not now.Sorry I didn't get back to you for a couple days. I really want to resolve this and be able to pay you. I am a very busy orthopedic physician assistant in surgery and clinic for the last 2 days.Please help!!J
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wouldn't mind paying the $39 for you to remote in; however, I would like to know what you did so I could emmulate that again and learn how to fix it myself in the future if needed. For now, I would like to see if you could offer me instruction via this texting system. If you are unable to provide a solution that works and you need to try and fix it by getting access to my computer, I am also open to that. The speakers on this computer are not very loud and it is impossible to hear netflix. I also tried directly plugging in the speaker via an audio cord and that didn't work either.

Hi J,

Thanks for your reply. Below is a link the Bose support page for the Soundlink Speaker. Once on the page, scroll down to the Windows section and click download. This will update the speaker's firmware. Once done, tell your bluetooth on your computer to forget the device and then try pairing again.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/soundlink_wireless_mobile_download.html

Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went to the download site again--I had already done this to download the windows newest installment. I clicked on the Bose link provided installed the software from Windows successfully and followed the prompts. I also, removed the device, plugged in my micro USB port and after successfully removing the device, My computer found the Soundlink Bose speaker again but it is still greyed out and isn't working either bluetooth or when directly using the USB cable to connect the speaker to the computer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had done these steps before by going to the Bose Speaker website however, perhaps the update wasn't the newest as the link you sent me. It also didn't work the first time. Once I removed the device from my computer, I then turned my computer off. Then, I turned the computer back on, went to your link provided and downloaded the windows update for the Bose Soundlink speaker. I saw the software correctly install and THEN I plugged in the micro usb cable to connect the speaker to my computer. Then, unlike anything I had done, I selected the "listen to music" option and it correctly paired my device without using the Bluetooth.I am excited!! I am assuming because of the older version of my OS, I won't be able to pair the device with bluetooth, rather, it looks like I will have to have a cable connecting the computer to my bose speaker. Is this correct?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh.... snap--i turned my computer on and off one more time and now it is pairing through the bluetooth.How did you find this particular link you sent me? I had done the same thing before and it did not work.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ugh, I accidently pressed secure remote assistance. I do not want that ....It is now working. Please answer my last prompt and I am good to go. How to I pay or did it already pay you --want to make sure I have done everything I had to do. I am not used to this forum.Want to know how much they are going to charge me for this one time service.I will definitely use this forum again if I have questions.Off to work.Thanks for getting back to me about how you found the link.

Hi, That is good news. I will cancel the remote session so you won't be charged for it. I am glad that worked for you. That was actually a firmware update to the Bose device. It was on the Bose website. I searched under Soundlink. I have the same device of my own, so I will be sure to update mine, as well!

You are very welcome. I am glad it's working. It was my pleasure assisting you. Please feel free to request me in the future if you ever need assistance.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can i specifically ask for you?Jules
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wrote a great review for you. How much am I charged for this one time service? I will definitely continue to use this forum.

Thank you so much, Jules. Below is a link to my profile. I believe you can ask a question to me directly on that page. Otherwise, you can always ask the question and indicate that it is just for Sheri T.

Link: https://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-techexpert2017/?rpt=3800

Regarding any charges, you can call customer service at 1-***-***-****, as I do not see the charges.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thx so much. I will be in touch. U were the best

You are very welcome

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert