Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Cannot log in password incorrect. Acer laptop. I cannot

Cannot log in password...

Cannot log in password *****

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Acer laptop. I cannot login, password *****

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acer? Have you installed any updates recently?

18 Auto update just now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just login with /by pressing F2 and create supervisor password. But still cannot log in.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2018
Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the password *****?

Does your Acer laptop have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Windows 7
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Windows 7 home premium

Was the password *****?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It says password ***** I log in earlier by pressing F2 earlier and create supervisor password ***** I still cannot log in
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I don't think you can access my laptop.
  1. Was the password *****?
  2. Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
  3. Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Are you there?

Yes.

1. Was the password *****?

Viet - Laptop Tech
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I do not mind reset the computer.
  1. Shut down Acer Windows 7 laptop.
  2. Turn on Acer laptop, and right when the Acer logo (first screen) appears, keep pressing & releasing at the same time the two keys Alt and F10 on the computer's keyboard, then see if a recovery appear.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Please wait

What's showing now?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you for waiting

Did it give you any option?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have office 2013 that I need to transfer from that laptop
So I cannot just erase everything / reset to factory setting.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Sorry, shall I contact you again later to continue if needed? If so how

Don't worry, you can erase / reset to factory settings, then you can download / reinstall your Office 2013 at the website below:

https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx

Yes, you can always get back to me as needed. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you so much for spending time and sorry for keeping you waiting.

You're very welcome. No problem. Also, if needed, you can always download / install the OpenOffice program at the website http://openoffice.org

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The problem is I do not have the product key

You do not need the Office product key. You just need to sign in your Microsoft account at the website

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Cannot afford the subscription.

Did you purchase the subscription or the regular office 2013 previously?

As long as you sign in with your correct Microsoft account (using the same email address you used to set up your Office 2013 previously), then you can download / reinstall your old Office 2013 there. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I forgot. I bought it several years ago.

You can try each of your email addresses to sign in / sign out at the website below until it shows your Office:

- Use the forgot password ***** as needed.

- If it does not work, you can download / install the OpenOffice program at the website below:

http://openoffice.org

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
That is office 365 which requires subscription, right?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Do you mind if I cancel the service for now?

I've emailed you, so you can always get back to me whenever you'd like to, so we can continue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thanks, ***** ***** cancel the service first ok....

OK. This was just a one-time support session per your request. Thank you.

Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech