Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Can I set child locks on my laptop? Hp laptop 15-bs0xx. I…

Can I set child...

Can I set child locks on my laptop?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Hp laptop 15-bs0xx

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 15? Have you installed any updates recently?

I haven't tried anything. No updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

1/20/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Which version of Windows do you use, 7, 8, 10?

10

Yes, there is a way to do it

You have to have a Microsoft account, and your child also has to have a Microsoft account. Then childs account must be registered under yours as "child"

please check this article that explains this in depth: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/parental-controls-windows-10

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, do not rate yet, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify or work on another solution. Your satisfaction is my goal.

If can send the steps in a text or email I’d prefer work on it later thanks

yes, as per my previous message, all detailed info can be found by this link: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/parental-controls-windows-10

Thank you

you are welcome

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator
UranIT
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator