Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have forgotten my password for my ASUS notebook and I have…

I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password ***** my ASUS notebook and I have been unable to reset it. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?

The notebook is X201E and OS is MS

1/18/2018
Elgin Vega

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

What version of MS windows is installed in your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe it is MS 10 but I cannot open the computer to check and make sure because I cannot reset the password

For windows 10 is different process than windows 7, for windows 10 you will need the installation disk, for windows 7 you dont

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have an installation disk.

It can be created in a usb

that's not a problem, but we need to make sure the windows you have installed

Elgin Vega
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

Thanks for requesting remote assistance services. Please advise your phone number so we can first discuss the issue over the phone then video call as necessary.

A kind reminder that you got a remote session waiting for you. I will guide you by walking through the whole process including creating the installation disc/USB drive, changing BIOS settings as necessary and to reset the password ***** the disc/USB drive. Please let me know your preferred time to start. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not accepted Secure Remote Assistance. I have stopped using the computer in question.
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega