Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a TV model 40L247OUC and I was given a BOSE bluetooth…

I have a TV...

I have a TV model 40L247OUC and I was given a BOSE bluetooth speaker will it work

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 40L247OUC?

Couple of years ,it was bought at Costco

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I'm not sure what your asking but it has a sat.dish,and a DVD hooked up and they work ok

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No I'm satisfied with the TV I just need to know if I can Hook up my speaker

1/17/2018
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model of the bose unit?

soundtouch 10
I just need to know if this speaker will work

Thank you,

the short answer is no, it will not work with your tv, at least not directly as the tv would not be capable of sending bluetooth audio.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. To that you'll need to connect a bluetooth transmitter, like this: http://amzn.to/1TOPJBU which can then pair with the speaker.

the answer was very good ,but it took a while to finally get here

Thank you, ***** ***** apologize if there was any difficulty with the site.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Systems Manager