Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a gigaware usb to serial adapter that I was using on…

I have a gigaware...

I have a gigaware usb to serial adapter that I was using on my laptop with windows 7, and I now have a new laptop with windows 10 and I am having no luck installing it. can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Asus not sure where I find model

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

I tried installing drivers from the web and i still have hazard sign on device manager when i plug in the adapter model of laptop is Q325 2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want that thing to work

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/17/2018
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Ok. I downloaded a couple different drivers and couldn’t get it to work

When you go to Device Manager, what error messages are showing for the adapter?

Ok, so the problem is with the driver.

What drivers have you tried so far? Have you tried the following driver and instructions:

https://danielzstinson.wordpress.com/gigaware-model-2603487-usb-to-serial-driver-yes-the-driver-is-here/

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.

Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Computer Expert
Well, that was it!!! That driver worked great. Thanks again and I will give you the highest rating.