Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have a hp laptop model 15-1387wm, when I turn it on it…

Customer Question
I have a hp...

I have a hp laptop model 15-1387wm, when I turn it on it says inaccessible boot drive

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 15-1387WM?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 15-1387WM? Have you installed any updates recently?

I tried restore and didn't work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, was afraid to try anything else due to making it worse etc

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
1/15/2018
Laptop technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

Normally when you receive the error "inaccessible boot device" this means that the hard drive has failed, unfortunately. But let me gather some information before we jump to any conclusions.

Was the computer working fine one day and then the next you started it up and got this message?

Okay thanks, ***** *****'m guessing that when you shut the computer down and turn it back on it just immediately goes back to that message, is that correct?

Are you still with me?

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer