Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 7 home premium. I just…

Customer Question
I have an Acer...

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 7 home premium. I just got the blue screen (Stop 0x000000c4). I can't access the computer and start it in safe mode or use a driver verifier manager. As usual Microsoft is not able to fix the problem and they suggest to consult a friend or the community. It is a dog breakfast. Do you have any suggestion other than to use a sledge hammer and to get a new Acer??

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

I do not have a DVD or flash drive. How I can get one? May I load another OS?. I think that Windows7 is not supported.

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this for free or I will finish with an invoice?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Laptop technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Sorry it has taken someone this long to respond. We're still very busy from the holidays. So I'll leave you some things to try and follow up with me to let me know the result. Worst case, the blue screen means a faulty hard drive and there's not much we can do to troubleshoot.

However, here is a solution and the appropriate article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2816159/-0x000000c4-stop-error-after-you-restart-a-windows-7-based--windows-8

There is a hot fix to download. The location of that download is:

https://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/kbhotfix.aspx?kbnum=2816159&kbln=en-US

This is the only solution to try outside of getting a new computer or hard drive if this does not work. If you would like help apply said hotfix, please let me know!

----

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. It also keeps me locked to your question if you want to follow up with me again. Have a great rest of your day!