Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Need assistance with a laptop. HP, no badge, model number…

Customer Question
Need assistance with a...

Need assistance with a laptop.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP, no badge, model number 15-r030wm

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

What I need to know is what replacement screen I need to purchase to repair a damaged screen. No crack, but lines on the left side that block view of start menu.

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
1/9/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

Thanks for your question. Could you please

1. take a shot using your camera and upload it here to show details about the lines. This will help me determine if it is purely a hardware issue and if you should buy a replacement.

2. advise the laptop's serial number, so I can specifically locate the part number for your screen. Be aware, for HP laptops, the same model number doesn't always mean the same internal part number. A serial number is ***** to located the info.

Thanks.