Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have an old Lenovo that wont start up. THe Lenovo flash…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Lenovo that wont start up

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

THe Lenovo flash screen starts then 2 second later it shuts off

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

X201

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It just started last Wednesday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I was able to log back on and get some files No nothing else

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Laptop technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your computer will work normally again.

Try these steps please> Remove the battery, then disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then reinsert the battery and try powering on normally by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds.

Let me know if any changes occur.