Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I bought a laptop off craigslist and the woman said her son…

Customer Question
I bought a laptop...

I bought a laptop off craigslist and the woman said her son died and it has a password ***** didnt know it what do i do to reset it

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Windows7

Technician's Assistant: Does your laptop make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Laptop technician: Mr.Med, laptop problems replied 1 month ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, laptop problems

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can format the computer so you can delete the password, Do you have a windows (7,8 or 10) installation disc please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
7

You are referring to the automated offer from our system. There is no way to remote into the locked computer, I am sorry for any confusion.

Do you have Windows 7 installation disc with the product key please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a Windows 7 installation disk for the Dell computer I have just does it matter for Toshiba
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I put the Windows 7 disk in my Toshiba now what I do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I get past this password ***** reset my me is the administrator

You can use the windows 7 installation disc to Wait for Windows 7 Installation Files to Load

format the computer with the password, Please follow the steps below :

• Restart your computer with the Windows 7 DVD in your optical drive.
  • Watch for a Press any key to boot from CD or DVD... message
  • Press a key to force the computer to boot from the Windows 7 DVD
  • Choose Language and Other Preferences
  • Click on the Install now button in the center of the screen, under the Windows 7 logo.
  • Accept the Windows 7 License Terms
  • Click on the Custom (advanced) button.
  • Choose a drive and click on Drive options (Advanced), click on format the click Install.

Additional information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mME9VLT7-xw

Let me know the results

Thank you

Has everything worked out please?

Has everything worked out ? Do you still need help please?

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer