Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My charger is plugged in but the battery of my Dell 6600 is…

Customer Question
My charger is plugged...

My charger is plugged in but the battery of my Dell 6600 is not charging.

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device isn't charging?

It is my Dell 6600 Workstation

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell FR9W5S1 is the Service number operating Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Dell? What have you tried so far?

It seems to have started yesterday. My charger had difficulty turning on (the blue light showing on the plugin). I used my battery and it is showing only 6% left.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The Charger seems to be working as my computer stays on but the battery indicator tells me that the computer is not charging.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
1/8/2018
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.

Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)

Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).

Normally power on the notebook.

Then, turn off the computer, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.

Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

Check the computer charges properly.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist