Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I took the battery out to clean it with air and when i tried…

Customer Question
Hi i took the...

Hi i took the battery out to clean it with air and when i tried to turn it on asks for a password ***** i already used all the possible passwords and nothing

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Is a model hr54-500 satellite s55t-5282

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

No there i know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

When i tried to turn on appears only Toshiba leading innovation and shuts off and the next screen ask for a password

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
1/6/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

What does the password ***** looks like? Just a simple text box asking for a password ***** a blank screen? Or Windows password ***** a particular user?

Siple text box asking for a passwordon a blank sceen

If the text message does mention anything related to HDD or SSD, it should be the BIOS password.

First try your best to recall if you ever set up a BIOS password ***** the laptop and try a few possible passwords.

If all failed, you have to reset the BIOS by removing or disconnecting the CMOS battery on the laptop's motherboard.

I have a problem when i contacted you site they said will be a charge of 5 dollars and you are charching already 38 dollars a did no accepted i canceelde i did not choose any of the options can explain the charges first before we proceed ? Pleas

I am a tech here, not a billing person, so I am not a right person to answer any of your billing concerns.

Can I ask you please visit JustAnswer Customer Care at ww2.justanswer.com/help for your request? Thanks.

Laptop technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!