Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

It appears to be frozen. I have tried rebooting,

Customer Question
It appears to be...

It appears to be frozen. I have tried rebooting, ctrl/alt/delete, shutting down nothing seems to get it going. Any suggestions? If is an Acer Aspire E15 with the number E5-575-33BM on it.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates recently. It is mainly used to connect us to our race cars computer system but was working fine for two days after our last race so that doesn't seem to be related.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
1/4/2018
Laptop technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Please do this now:

Disconnect the power charger and remove the battery from the back of the laptop (if removable.

Next, HOLD down the Power button for a full 60 seconds and then release.

Next, re-connect the power charger and press the Power button once again - does it boot up all right now?

Do keep me posted below; thank you.

I couldn't find a door for the battery. I am at Starbucks as we live quite rurally and my cell doesn't work at home. I didn't bring the charger with me. I once again rebooted no luck. I am on my cell while in town which is(###) ###-####

Hmm, I see. Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

I already paid for assistance and the laptop is less than 6 months old and should be under warranty why would I have to pay an additional $39 to have it accessed and this issue addressed?
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

Time. If you could fix the issue with our help, you no need to wait for days or even weeks for getting a replacement back.

I would suggest you give the seller a call or visit them telling the situation, and learn how the return / replacement progress normally goes and prepare the last resort. In the mean, keep working with us. If we can determine the reason and fix the issue during the meantime, you pay money to your time. That's it.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer