Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Sorry laptop. It is a HP Stream Laptop S/N SCD7293Hvv. NO I…

Customer Question
Sorry laptop Technician's Assistant:...

Sorry laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is a HP Stream Laptop S/N SCD7293Hvv

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

NO I am getting a message at startup to input a administrator password ***** I have not got one. It then goes to DISABLED gives me this number i 69116717

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It is just a brand new and already malfunctioning

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/4/2018
Laptop technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question. How brand-new is your computer? or, How many days from purchase is it, please? (The message you are getting sounds like ransomware of the worst, federally prohibited, kind. Can you tell me the full and exact phone # it is giving you?)

First why am I paying for support on a brand new laptop?
I bought this about 3 weeks ago but broke 5 ribs and arm so I had not used it yet. I turned it on and it worked fine for a couple of days but when I opened it at Christmas I was asked for an administrative password ***** power on password. I don't have one and then after 3 try's it gave me this: DISABLED with this number (i 69116717)

A Secure Remote Assistance session will cost you money, if taken up - and you seem to have requested such service.

That code is unrecognizable to me. No reference to it has occurred in my experience. Was the laptop bought New, or Used / As-Is ?

Okay well I am using a friends laptop to report this and this is not unusual if you look under the hp stream but I am not going to pay for support while I am under warranty and you are not going to connect so why am I not redirected to HP
I am done so I do not want any charges for this conversation at all.
bye

This is not HP, this is JustAnswer. Thank you for trying our information and professional guidance service.