Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I went to get on my computer about 2 hours ago and it said I…

Customer Question
I went to get...

I went to get on my computer about 2 hours ago and it said I needed to update windows, had button (more information), that was the only thing I could click, when I did it started updating, this took over 1 1/2 hours, I finally called gueek squad and he said to bring it in, maybe a virus, I shut down my computer, then I decided to start it up again and it is working fine. Is is safe to use

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Toshiba laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and version of Windows of your Toshiba?

Where do I find the model # and I think I have windows 10

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

When I opened up my computer it said I needed to up date and the only button it would allow me to push was more information and then it started updating, which took an hour and 1/2, it still wouldnt work, so it told me to go to troubleshooting and then settings and it started updating all over agan, that is when I called geek squad, but when I shut it down and starrted it back up, it was working fine, I just need to know if it is safe to use

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to make sure it is safe to use

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Laptop technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. It sounds like, the updates installed correctly. Even if every updates didn't installed, it is safe to use.

If needed, I can remote onto your Machine and have a look at the updates. It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer