Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I can't get it to turn on. Windows 10 For the past few days…

Customer Question
I can't get it...

I can't get it to turn on

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Windows 10 For the past few days the screen has been dimming intermittently.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No, I don't know how to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

A computer friend suggested it could be the AC Adapter Card going bad. ???

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
1/4/2018
Laptop technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-0w9puajh,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please provide the brand and model of the laptop?

Regards

Sheri-Expert

Hello Sheri - are you there
hello

Hi I am here. Can you provide the brand and model of the laptop?

if you send it to me before, I did not receive it,

It's a Toshiba Satellite; S 55 - A5139
Sheri I think this is a mechanical connection problem or a pwer coard problem. I need to call some local repair places and see if any of them can see me today. Is there some way we can postpone this conversation for a few hours??
I'm going to make some calls for a few minutes. I'll check in with you later. Thanks kr

Sure, just reply when ready.

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Laptop technician: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert