Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I am trying to connect my laptop wirelessly to the office…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I am...

Hi Pearl, I am trying to connect my laptop wirelessly to the office printer.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

The message on the printer is no POP 3 server

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Sorry its a toshiba printer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
1/4/2018
Laptop technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer/printer question.
'POP3' refers to a type of email access. How can such a reference appear on a printer? is my question. My guess is, you tried to do a Scan-To-Email operation - is that true?

Did you ever get anything printed through the wireless link to the printer?

Hi Russell, no scan to email, just try to print an ASIC document. Started in new office which has a Toshiba printer. Just added the printer via wireless network.
Did a trouble shoot and it came back clean so I went to the printer and the message said no POP 3 server

Is that message on the printer's screen, or on the computer's screen?

And, is your computer a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

OK please cancel that request. The printer in tied into a network via blue cables and I have tried to connect wirelessly

By all means - I will not take up the request - but it is still open to other Experts in this category.

Now, what model is the Toshiba printer, please?

And did your ASIC document come off that printer, regardless of the POP3 error message ?

Please cancel remote assistance request. Any other thoughts

What model is the Toshiba printer, please? And did your ASIC document come off that printer, regardless of the POP3 error message ?

The Toshiba printer is model e-studio3505AC-11835709

Good. I advise you to look in your computer, in the queue for the Toshiba printer as installed, and clear the print job or jobs out of the printer's queue (if there are any such jobs in the queue.)

If that install of the printer on your computer was a WiFi or wireless install, it will have to be redone for a wired network connection.

ok thank you

Are you done with this case? if 'yes', would you be willing to rate my work and my efforts to help?

All done thank you

I'm glad to have helped. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day.

Despite it being indicated I would not be charges for a Secure Remote Assistance, I have been charged $48.00 on my Credit Card.
Was this for the few answers above, please indicate otherwise please credit the $48.00 charge

I do not know and am not sure. Your Secure Remote Assistance request is still open - I'm glad no other Expert took it up by mistake, after you clearly indicated you did not need it - but possibly a portion of that is part of the billing amount you see. I must refer you to Customer Support, which handles billing and charges and issues of that sort.

They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.