Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have an acer aspire R 15 hit restart today and now

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an acer aspire R 15 hit restart today and now computer will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

??? don't understand not good with computers its a laptop

Technician's Assistant: Does your Aspire make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

No noise, yes led lights on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just get my computer working pleae

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer.

Press and hold the power button for a minute.

Then, release the power button and wait for two minutes.

After that, press the power button to start the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I googled this already and did and did not work
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you help or not

Have you done it properly? Without the Adapter press and old the power button for 30 seconds. Please try it once again.

Does the computer have a removable battery?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did it properly and no removable battery on outside. I did you tube taking back off and removing battery but not sure which is battery
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello

When removing the AC Adapter and pressing the power button, do you see any response from the computer? Like the LEDs?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
led lights have been on

Disconnect the AC Adapter from the computer. Then, check the following.

1. Do you see the power LED lit?

2. Do you see the battery LED lit?

3. Do you hear the fan blowing?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
both lights are on no fan

After pressing the power button, you see the power LED stay lit. Right?

Move the display back and forth and check if you see any display.

Also, check if you see the Windows loading sound.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have black screen nothing on just led light on side light bulb

Try resetting the battery using the pinhole reset button. This process will temporarily disconnect and then reconnect the internal battery. Follow the instructions in the link below.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok have to wait 5min and see if it works

Take your time and let me know the result.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
led light went out then I went to power light back on but computer not

It seems like a hardware issue. Is the computer in warranty?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
probably not got 8/2016
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now what do I do

Are you able to open the computer case, remove the RAM sticks, clean it and replace it?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
really I don't know what ram sticks look like

I would suggest you contact a local technician to get it repaired. It seems like a hardware issue. May be with the RAM, or the mainboard itself.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks anyway

I apologize for the inconvenience cased to you.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist