Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Our Toshiba T.V. started to show all pink and colours. We…

Customer Question
Our Toshiba T.V. started...

Our Toshiba T.V. started to show all pink and green colours. We tried to fix the colour to no avail so we turned it off. Now we have no reception at all for the last 5 hours. What could be the problem

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

I`ts an HP and it`s about 8 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No we cannot get anywhere at all, since we turn it off. We have no reception.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

We have been having problems for the last few months, such as every now and then the T.V. would go off in the middle of a program. We would have to turn it off and wait a approx. 10 seconds and then turn it back on. Right before it started turning pink my husband was watching the college football games.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not sure as we do not know anything about technical problem. My husband is 79 years old and does not want me to touch it as he says I will make it worst.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
1/1/2018
Laptop technician: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you tell me the model number from the back of the tv?

If you press the MENU button on the toshiba remote, are those screens pink and green too?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When we press the remote nothing happens at all. When we turn on the TV with the remove all we get is a wide blue line at the bottom saying NO VIDEO SIGNAL. The model number is ***** The date on it which I assume is when we bought it was Sept. 2009.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not sure how you can connect to my TV. we are not taking about a laptop!!! This is a small TV. appox. 20 inc. I cannot work from my computer as this TV is downstairs in another rooom.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please let me know how you plan on fixing this T.V. if I agree to pay the additional $.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. It would not be possible to fix the tv remotely.

That looks like a serial number or a remote control, the actual model number should be printed on a sticker on the back of the tv.

Can you try pressing the menu button on the tv itself?
What do you have connected to the tv currently, and where? For example a cable box on hdmi1, dvd player on video 2, etc?

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer