Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Company Presario CQ62-214NR Notebook BOOTMGR is missing I…

Customer Question
Company Presario CQ62-214NR NotebookBOOTMGR is...
Company Presario CQ62-214NR NotebookBOOTMGR is missing
I can’t find the original discs.
Any way to get it working again?System recovery restore to factory condition results in -Recovery Manager could not restore your computer using the factory image. Please contact HP support. Error code : 0xe0ef0003Minimized Image Recovery results in - same error code.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
1/2/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 1 month ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

Is it installed with Windows 7?

Is here the exact same screen you see for the BOOTMGR error?

Basically the message means the FIRST sector of primary partition of the internal disk is corrupt. It doesn't always mean the whole disk is broken. In reality, for most cases, it may be caused just by a software error or virus infection.

If there is no important data on the old PC, you may simply reinstall Windows 7 on it from the scratch.

If you do have important data on the disk, you need to use some disk rescue utility to scan and restore files if possible and found.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No need to save anything. I’d like it back factory.
Original discs are lost with time.
Downloaded the dvd/usb Windows tool but it won’t initialize upon start up. Go to recovery and try dos prompt and it tells me there are no files on the directory when I just burned it to the disc.

If the disk doesn't have any physical damage, this disk can be fixed back to working condition using a Microsoft utility - DISKPART.

> I’d like it back factory.

I guess the model is old and out of manufacturer's warranty, hence you can't take it back to factory. :)

Get it working as the spare PC for web surfing or movie playing. :)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just want it to make and print invoices from my service truck.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I could just get it loaded back with Windows and get my cloud based quickbooks on it I’d be happy with just that.

Thanks for your info. I am in a meeting at the moment, will be back to you shortly. Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Must be a hell of a meeting.
LOL! Sorry, not only meetings but also a break to sleep. I am far away in a different time zone.Any update from your side? Do you mean you have found the original Windows 7 to reinstall?BTW, don't need to buy Windows 7. It can be downloaded from Microsoft site if you could find the product key stick on then computer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was just messing with ya.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can’t read the key anymore. Lol
Just my luck.
Anyway the key thing for now is to reformat the hard disk. Do you have a Windows comouter in use?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Computer? If so, yes.
The Windows version? If it is higher than 7, use the Windows to create a bootable USB stick or disc then use it to boot the dead comouter. Also will use DISKPART to verify and reformat the disk. Make sure the computer is ready to be reinstalled from the scratch.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I make it ready for install from scratch?
When the disk can be verified and reformatted using DISKPART, then it is ready!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My laptop doesn’t have a cd/dvd drive and Windows 10 doesn’t give me an option to make a system repair usb stick.

FYI - Create a recovery drive on Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive

Boot the laptop using the USB drive. Use the DISKPART to wipe everything on the disk.

Be aware you need to change boot priority of BIOS to make sure you can boot on USB instead of internal disk.

If you are not familiar with the things above, I would like to offer you a discounted premium service to cover the whole thing from making the USB to DISKPART ussage to reinstalling Windows 7.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer