Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

2 yrs ago bougt Lenovo Laptop G50-45 Model 80E3 Took it on…

Customer Question
2 yrs ago bougt...

2 yrs ago bougt Lenovo Laptop G50-45 Model 80E3 Took it on trip and power cord wouldn't keep computer on. I loved the laptop but have purchased 3 or 4q cords since then. Finally repair man opened it up and solderd the piece inside it worked for a while then burned out something. Another person ordered a new outside of computer & ;ut my motherboard in it -- now the yellow tip doesn't seem to go in and make a connection and almost have to hold it. I am 81 years old and use the comoputer a lot but can't afford to buy cords that won't work. What's up[?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your G50-45?

It was windows 8 upgraed to windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your G50-45? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes I update it but how this that affect the cord that doesn's make a good connection

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

While I am on it it doesn't show it charging so I have to quit and try to get it to stay plugged in to. It won't work and stay on when plugged in and not on battries

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
1/1/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> power cord wouldn't keep computer on

I guess you mean the Power Adapter, not the power cord?

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer