Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I no longer have internet, my provider tried to help but to…

Customer Question
I no longer have...

I no longer have internet, my provider tried to help but to no avail. The issue it says " Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration. Can you help.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

All is blinking except for DSL

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Windows 10, I have internet access on my tablet and my phone but not the computer.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/31/2017
Laptop technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Please, follow the instructions below on the problem computer:

- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: cmd
- Click the Ok button.
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig
- Press Enter
Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3
Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?
- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com
Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason