Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

What are the best laptops under $900 1. High-Resolution,

Customer Question
What are the best laptops...
What are the best laptops under $9001. High-Resolution, Matte Screen with Vibrant Color
2. Battery
3. User Experience
4. Audio Quality
5. Processor
6. VR Experience
7. Min 8gb RAM
8. Min 500gb Space
9. Build Quality
10. Performance
11. USB Type-C Charging
12. 13.3-16 Inch ScreenAlso, what should I prefer between HDD Drive & SSHD drive since space also is very important for me of minimum 500gb without it being too expensive to purchase new onesMy main use is movie watching experience & audio quality since I am mainly interested in entertainment.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/31/2017
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Hehe you are actually looking for a $1800 laptop especially for screen type, VR experience and RAM. :))
Anyway, let me try my best to find one for you, under $900, but I am wondering if you could give up VR things as it requires high-end video performance.
I am still fine without great VR experience if it is too expensive, even entry level VR will be fine. My main interest is the audio & video capabilities. Please suggest me the best budget laptop which fulfills my needs.
Sure. Will do.
Since my main need is for a great entertainment laptop in the budget friendly department.
Please kindly answer
Here you go.As per your all requirements except the budget of $900, it should be Dell XPS 13.Given All requirements with uncompromised or similar performance, the most close series is Acer Swift 7. Please see the spec details below.https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/models/laptops/swift7
Both the laptops are too expensive for my budget, especially the XPS 13. Please suggest more budget friendly laptops which are great for entertainment.
Please be aware thst the shown price tag are list prices in USD, or the recommended prices by the vendor. So I think it is reasonable to get a brand-new under or around $900 from stores or online stock such as eBay or Amazon.
I am not suggesting XPS 13. It just shows my initial conclusion was correct: you were expecting a $1800 hardware at $900.The Acer Swift 7 series are in your $900 scope. Please search for it on eBay, then you can know the real prices.
Still the laptops are expensive since I am an expat working in India the prices for both laptops is around $1450 but please suggest more budget friendly laptops.
Okay, no worries. Please wait for a while.
BTW, will you consider pre-owned computers? The prices may be significantly reduced for the same performance.
How about this one?https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Inspiron-15-7000-7577-Gaming-Intel-Core-i5-7300HQ-8GB-256GB-SSD-GTX-1060/253311748487
depending on the wear and tear of the laptop being as good as new with warranty. I would still be fine with it, though purchasing from EBay doesn't provide the same assurance as purchasing a new laptop, namely the company checking the product for any defects. There is lot of trust issues involved.If it recieves as good as new rating it is much better otherwise trusting the seller from a classfield newspapers or websites can be very risky and easy to get scammed from the seller for faulty products.
The product offers without Ebay verification can be too good to be true
Where are you located? Or, where will the laptop to be delivered to?
I am living in Hyderabad for the past 3 years after shifting to the country. I checked in EBay India the price is around $1206
Which product is it for the $1206 USD?
Dell Inspiron 7567 7th gen
The lowest listing in the site for the product.
it seems you have found the best?
I am very confused since I want the best laptop in my budget otherwise there will be a lot of buyers remorse & opportunity cost which I am worried about. You mentioned Dell Insipron 7567 so I searched in EBay India since I dont think it would get shipped from the EBay from the other country since it would be too far for shipping, but it's still very expensive in India.
How was your experience to purchase from overseas and ship to India? Good or bad?
I believe I would have to pay the shipping charges since it would be costly to ship from a foreign country to India since it would be far which would easily take it around $100 dollars easily. So I am worried about that. It would take total cost to minimum $1020.
It might even be $1100 total price since aeroplane/ship/truck might even cost around $200 to ship from California to Hyderabad. How much would it cost I am not exactly sure since I have never bought from overseas since i worry it would increase price significantly. I can only guess since travelling alone would easily cost that much for petrol & drivers.Please kindly suggest how much would be shipping charges, since you would have much better knowledge than me about it, since I don't have much idea about it.
I request you to kindly please answer
Ever considered Amazone India? I notice the website does sell laptop and is well organised.
Amazon India sells the Inspiron 7567 for $1301 & $1469 which is too expensive.
Regarding calculating international postage cost, just give your postcode on the product's Postage tab on eBay, then it will calculate for your automatically.
Please tell how to check it I don't have any idea. Please give me steps.
Okay I see.
Ever considered buying it from Hong Kong? If you have chance to travel overseas, arrange a stop in HK and buy a good laptop at its duty free area in or out of airport.
Even that would cost a lot since I have in aeroplane to Hong Kong, then I would have to go to a place a meet with the person, then I would have to go back from plane and then car to home which would also easily cost above $150 still very expensive. If I purchase around 920 it would be easily cost 1100.
Sorry I thought buying from EBay in Hong Kong so I thought about the meeting. Even travelling to Hong Kong on return flight would be expensive since due to Aeroplane ticket prices.
Tickets from Hyderabad to Hong Kong is around $780 to $1050 which is almost as high as my budget for laptop.
The round flight to Hong Kong is around $500 from nearby airport which would significantly increase the laptop price & add some more for car travel to home. 900 would become minimum 1430.
Is the laptop shipping from California to Hong Kong free & if it is can EBay provide me another shipping company to ship it to home after the 1st shipping company delivers it to that location.
It would be great if EBay can provide me 2nd shipping company to deliver it from Hong Kong to Hyderabad without me having to go there.
Please reply
Please Kindly reply

Sorry for replying late. You know yesterday was new year eve.

Have you made your decision on the computer model? Dell Inspiron 7567?

Hello, please keep working on this question and do not ask duplicate questions, otherwise you will be double charged. Thanks.

Hello, do you have further related question regarding your choice?