Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Guys, I have a beautiful, but old Panasonic notebook CF-Y5…

Customer Question
Dear Panasonic guys, I...

Dear Panasonic guys, I have a beautiful, but old Panasonic notebook CF-Y5 LWWS7 JM. It appears to me it has 1GB of RAM and Windows Vista. Can you provide me a larger RAM module that I can install, or that I can have you install so that I can convert to a newer and supported operating system?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your CF-Y5? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have installed no updates since I bought the machine about 2006.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It's such a beautiful machine and so well built that I hate to discard it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/30/2017
Laptop technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am not finding the model that you gave. May I ask for you to verify the full model name?

Thank you,

Jason

On the front of the machine is printed Panasonic CF-5Y Toughbook. On back is the long number I sent earlier CF-Y5 LWWS7 JM

Thank you for the update. You can upgrade to a maximum of 2GB by installing a 2GB ram stick.

You may purchase on the one that I found for you on the following page: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2GB-X1-MicroDIMM-for-PANASONIC-CF-R4-R5-R6-R7-T4-T5-W4-W5-Y7-Y8-DDR2-US-RAM-11-/251363669771

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason