Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Blank screen after bios update. Windows 10. Dont have a dvd,

Customer Question
Blank screen after bios...

Blank screen after bios update

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

Dont have a dvd, how to do from a usb?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Its a toshiba satellite C660D-1EN. I cannot find a copy of the BIOS update which was already installed on laptop, only earlier or later versions. Keyboard lights, fan and USB drives seem to be working.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/30/2017
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Sorry to know this happened. Can you please advise more details about the blank screen? Do you see a Toshiba logo when powering up?
no there is nothing on the screen at all. It does not appear to have power.
you cannot remotely connect as the laptop does not work

I guess you were referring to the annoying promotion message for remote access. Please ignore it as it was not from me.

> I cannot find a copy of the BIOS update which was already installed on laptop, only earlier or later versions

How did you know the current version of the laptop's BIOS? Was your last BIOS operation a upgrade or downgrade?

it is an annoying promo message! I made a note of the BIOS version, it was v1.50. I had some bugs after installing an SSD and more modern version of Office (2016) and could see there was a BIOS version 1.6 for this model which might fix the bugs, so tried to install it. This is what has caused the problem. I cannot find a copy of v1.50 anywhere online, only 1.3 and 1.6. At any rate, I'm to sure that would fix the problem anyway.
If it is just a blank screen (no sound) after powering up, you even can't reflash the laptop to any other version of BIOS, simply because you can't use it at all. It seems you have to disassemble the laoptp to reset it. Please advise the laptop's serial number. Thanks.
not sure I'm 'reflashing' correctly? Serial number is *****
Just moment. Let me check.

That's not serial number. Please visit support.toshiba.com to verify your serial number and confirm the model number. Thanks.

Hi, it is the serial number (that's what the label on the laptop says) but the part number may be what you need - PSC1YE-02G008EN
Okay. Thanks for the info. I just started a remote session with a customer. Will work this case again once the session is finished. Thanks for your patience.
Happy to be patient but thought you were busy helping me??
Hehe. I can work for multiple customer at the same time on this kind of Q&A page. But when a customer requests a premium service, such as phone call or remote session, I will be only available for that customer. Sorry.
ok, I see.

Did you try using F2 or F12 during booting up? Will this show anything on the screen.

yep, nothing shows.
I'm giving up...! Doesn't seem much hope for this one.

Don't give up. Please review below YouTube video and double check if you are having the exact same issue (power indicator on + fan noise + blank screen)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9jlIq6KqUQ

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately this solution requires specialist equipment, and they say is only temporary anyway. I don't have the equipment and this looks like a job for a professional so don't feel it should be attempted. At any rate, it started with a BIOS update gone wrong so there's likely still an issue there too. As a last resort I'm going to take it to a repair shop. Thanks.
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer