Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have a HP 15 F271wm HP and installing new top panel. there…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a HP 15 F271wm HP and installing new top panel. there is a black wire coming from the top down the right side and I have no idea where it hooks up to the mb

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 15?

10 home

Technician's Assistant: Does your 15 make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

I am resembling now so don't know. I have everything hooked up but this one wire.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you look at the screen with the rim removed there is a black wire that comes down the right side under the bottom to the left hinge. Where it hooks up I have no idea.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have put everything together leaving that wire disconnected. When I plug in the power cord and turn the on button is the light on f12 comes on.,
12/29/2017
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago
Elgin Vega

Hi, My name is***** will try my best to help you with this request

Can you send me a picture of the connector please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think this wire goes to the Lan Module, does that sound right?
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

If it the wireless antenna it sounds right

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like that but I am putting everything together so not working. It is the wire that goes to the top of the screen next to the video camera.
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

Behind the bezel you can find the camera, the microphone and the wireless antennas, could be one of those, but cannot be sure if i dont see the connector.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If this is so would it have anything to do with the screen
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

there sometimes a light ambient sensor

Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

the screen is just 1 flat cable usually

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have a picture but is a wire about size 22 or smaller with a very small connector on the end. I will go ahead and hook it up and I will let you know if it works if you are still on the air. Thank you and Happy New Year!
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

Happy new year, Ill be online.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess I might as well take it in and get it fixed. You know how shade mechanics are, I am sure!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have hooked up everything as it was.
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

So it works?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok, as you said maybe you should take and get it fixed for an ACER technician

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think that is the best thing to do. Thank you!
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

yes have a nice holidays

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you and you do the same!
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 1 month ago

bye

Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega