Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

The mouse cursor keeps freezing. Lenovo. Holding Fn and

Customer Question
The mouse cursor keeps...

The mouse cursor keeps freezing

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Lenovo

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Holding Fn and pressing F9

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Rebooting

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
12/28/2017
Laptop technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Please let me know more about the issue so I can best assist you. Is it working sporadically or not at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was working when we first set the laptop up then it stopped. I reset laptop to factory setting and it started working. Now it’s two days later it stopped again

Okay. First question that will help me figure out what's going on....If you use an external mouse (such as a wireless or USB mouse), do you have the same issues? or any issues at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I dont

Okay, then it would be related to the touch pad. The best way to test out if it's software related is to completely remove the drivers for the touch pad, restart, and reload the drivers.

Would you like me to do this remotely for you OR post a link to the touchpad drivers for you to do this yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Post a link

Sure. What model and operating system is your Lenovo?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2017 ideapad HD PC and it uses windows 10
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has Intel celeron dual core processor

Is there a specific model of the IdeaPad that you can see OR a serial number I can identify it by

If you go to this link and click DETECT MY SERIAL NUMBER, it will tell you ---> https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Serial number is *****

Thank you! one moment

Here are the steps for the download for the touchpad driver ---> CLICK HERE

If you click the sub-category for Mouse and Keyboard, it will be the only one listed. Click the check mark, and then MY DOWNLOADS LIST, and then DOWNLOAD.

Let me know if that answers your questions or if you have anymore and I'll be happy to help. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Once I download where do I find the drivers

What browser are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Internet explorer

It should be in the DOWNLOADS folder on your PC if you downloaded it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Once I remove I restart the computer the go back in the folder at add them back

Yes, exactly!

Please remember to rate my service as well too. This is the only way I receive credit for helping you.

Any updates on the status of the issue?

Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.