Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have tried to download an operators manual (I have the…

Customer Question
I have tried to...

I have tried to download an operators manual (I have the Quick Start info) but i can't find a web site to download the Portable USB Hard Drives Canvio Basics HDTB310XK3AA manual. All I really need is to get to the Index for the hard drive so I can communicate with it. How do I get there?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge and Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad?

I plugged in the hard drive, rebooted the computer, then, next to the windows symbol at the lower left of the screen, in Type here to search, I entered Toshiba hard drive.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do not charge my Credit Card $38 as you indicated. I agreed to a $5 charge and I clicked on 'free trial' for 7 days. I did not agree to a $38 charge.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/27/2017
Laptop technician: JustinDS, Computer Specialist replied 1 month ago
JustinDS
JustinDS, Computer Specialist
Hello! I will do my best to assist, but I'm not certain what you are looking to do.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm trying to access the MENU for my new hard drive so I can communicate with it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rather than remotely connecting for the $39, I'd like to use my free 7 day trial. Just explain to me how I can access the MENU for the hard drive.
I believe I know what you mean now. You can access the hard drive through Windows File Explorer. I can help walk you through this.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. How do I split my screen so I can read your instructions while viewing File Explorer?
In Windows 10 by the Start button in the bottom left corner of screen there is a small folder icon. Do you see that?
You should be able to drag the window to one side and resize them by dragging the edges of the window.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO. Is it in the Windows icon?
It's right by the Windows icon to the right of it. Let me see if I can get a picture of what it looks like.
Its a tan folder.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see your picture yet.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On my PC, just to the right of the Windows Icon is the "Type here to search' box.

Right to the right of that about an inch should be the tan icon.

I just booted up my laptop and I am snapping a shot now.

Do you see something on your screen that looks like this?

Laptop technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Our services are not $5. I will send this in for a refund.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer