Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My brother gave me his old acer aspire X and he can't

Customer Question
My brother gave me...

My brother gave me his old acer aspire X and he can't remember the password ***** log in - can you help? I have the model information

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

It says it is 8.1 on the pc

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates installed....my brother said he never even connected it to the internet - he cannot remember the password ***** used which has a "hint" of family, but, he doesn't remember what he used. I cannot get into the system at all. I tried to burn (flash driver and CD) a reset password

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/24/2017
Laptop technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

You can reset the machine and that way you'll have a fresh install of Windows.

You will then create an account and password ***** yourself.

Here's how:

While looking at the login screen, hold and keep down the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right portion of the windows and from the menu

select Restart.

Release the Shift key when you see the Choose an option screen.

click Reset Your PC (don't click Refresh as you'll be asked for a password)

Remove everything and if asked, install to the drive where Windows is installed.

Follow the prompts and the reset will begin.

Once it is complete you'll create your user account and password ***** have full access.

Let me know the result please.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer