Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

When I rest the factory setting on my Toshiba C55D-A5107 it…

Customer Question
When I rest the...

When I rest the factory setting on my Toshiba C55D-A5107 it wiped my hard drives. I ordered a flash drive X2 an neither will download. Toshiba Tech have tried several ways to down load the flash drives & failed. The only way anything seems to download is by disc. or internet, Why can't by internet to***@******.*** - Thanks Russell malley

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

What does it look like?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

When I try using the 0 after restart it doe not work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Usb & flash drive do not work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/23/2017
Laptop technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

In order to boot the laptop from a flash drive two BIOS changes are necessary,

Turn the laptop on and as soon as you see the Toshiba splash screen start tapping the F2 key to get

in to the Bios.

Go to the Security section first and set Secure Boot to Disabled.

Then go to the Advanced section and open System Configuration.

Change boot mode from UEFI to CSM.

Exit saving changes.

Start the machine up (with the flash drive plugged in) and begin tapping the F12 key to pull up the boot menu

and select the flash drive from the list.

Let me know the result please.