Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

It is not my printer. It is my laptop making a loud noise.

Customer Question
It is not my...

Technician's Assistant: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?

It sound like it is internal

Technician's Assistant: Did you try updating the sound driver on your laptop?

I've had some updates, but I don't know what sound drive update I need to do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No does sound like a quick fix?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/19/2017
Laptop technician: TaylorTech, Lead Technician / Owner replied 7 months ago
TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Lead Technician / Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today.

Does it appear to come from the vent on the underside where the fan is? if so SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY

If it sounds like your hard drive is making noise, this is a sign it is about to stop working on you.

Please advise on this asap, this could be serious.

Thanks Mike

If you can also put your ear to your speakers and make absolutely sure it is not coming from them..

Sooner we pinpoint the better

I just just it down and it is still making noise. I

Have you pinpointed the source of the noise by listening to fan and also the hard drive? You will need to hold the unit to your ear on the back side

What number can I call you at

I do chat only service I'm afraid as everything can be resolved in this manner. I can opt out if you wish to be called by somebody but it may be a wait.