Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My laptop has a display problem. Probably a wiring issue.

Customer Question
My laptop has a...

My laptop has a display problem. Probably a wiring issue. Screen display unstable

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

How would that help?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It is just a screen display issue. At certain angles the display becomes titally distorted. Adjust thd angle and it is stable again

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/17/2017
Laptop technician: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-14bez418,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Based on what you described, this sounds like a hardware issue. the way laptops are designed, The display connects to the motherboard with wires that go through the hinge and top bezel areas. When you move/adjust the angle, the wire is moving. The insertion point where the LCD/LED display cable connects into the motherboard of the computer, underneath the keyboard may be loose or the wires have gotten crimped or damaged near the hinge compartment. There would be no software fix for this issue. You would need a technician to disassemble the laptop to check the condition of the LCD/LEDcable, etc. I know this may not be the answer or news you were hoping for, but unfortunately, it is a common thing that can happen in laptops. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sheri-Ex[ert

Also, if you decide to try disassembling it yourself, please provide the brand and model so I can try to locate a service manual or video that will show you the steps and part.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert