Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My sister, now 88 yrs old cannot remember the password she…

Customer Question
My sister, now 88...

My sister, now 88 yrs old cannot remember the password ***** assigned to her HP laptop HP 15 EO27-CA. How can we find out her password ***** assign a new one?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 15?

Windows 8

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 15? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. She has not used it for about 6 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Laptop technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

On the login screen of your sister's laptop where she enters her password

does it show an email address on the screen?

No

Thank you. In order to regain use of the laptop it will need to be reset.

Start or restart the laptop such that you are looking at the login screen (but don't enter a password)

Hold and keep down the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right of the screen and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when the Choose an Option page opens.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset your PC and

follow the prompts to restore Windows.

When the process completes a new user account will be created

and you will have use of the machine again.

Let me know the result please.

I made a mistake. Jean's email address is shown on the login screen. I thank you for your help, but I think I will wait until tomorrow ans ask my usual geek to fix things for us. John

If there's an email address there I can help reset the password ***** get you back in without a reset of Windows.

What is the address you see on the screen?