Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5208 has a password on startup,

Customer Question
My Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5208 has...
My Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5208 has a password ***** startup, it gives me only 3 attempts, then automatically shuts down. I have tried again.I have tried a new ddr3L 4gb memory chip, the laptop will not let me boot up with the original 4 gb or adding the additional 4gb memory. Can not boot in windows. Also can not boot from a DVD, the same password ***** requires a Password. I DO NOT KNOW THE PASSWORD. ONE OF MY SON'S FRIEND PUT IT ON THE LAPTOP because he is angry at my son.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Laptop
I think this laptop is 2016 according to the Toshiba website, most passwords I found and tried are for old model laptops.
I think this laptop is 2016 according to the Toshiba website, most passwords I found and tried are for old model laptops. I have tried removing the 2032 bios battery and putting it back in. Does NOT make a difference. STILL REQUIRES THE PASSWORD, THEN SHUTS DOWN AFTER 3 TRIES.
Have also tried with and without the hard drive, makes NO difference, requires the password.
Presently I have the 2 - 4gb DDR3L memory chips installed, hard drive in the laptop installed, and NO CR2032 bios battery in the laptop.
12/10/2017
Laptop technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Is it a BIOS password?

Do you see it before the windows loading screen?

actually, I have dual boot. Before a Screen pops up with Ubuntu 16.04 as first choice and Windows 7 as last choice. NOW, only password ***** comes on.
NO way to use your SECURELY CONNECT for $39,, can not get into Ubuntu / Win 7, either OS and the INTERNET.
Md. Sadique, I prefer email and PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MORE TEXT MESSAGES TO MY PHONE.DO YOU UNDERSTAND ??? YES or NO ???

I am sorry for the delay. I was talking with the Toshiba team.

Thank you, ***** ***** is appreciated. I have patience..

Bios password ***** the system information stored in the BIOS.
If the BIOS password ***** ***** then there is no way to reset it to enter the BIOS configuration because setting a Bios password ***** sets the master Hard drive password.

The laptop needs to sent to Toshiba and will need to be serviced to have the system board and hard drive replaced.
It may require Proof of purchase, and this repair is not covered under the warranty.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback from our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Well, you tried and WAS UNSUCCESSFUL at solving my Problem of the Bios password. Therefore I am definitely NOT SATISFIED AND EXPECT MY DEPOSIT BACK, thank you for trying. PLEASE REFUND MY DEPOSIT..

No problem, I will send a refund request to the moderators.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Thank you, ***** ***** WAIT TO RATE THE SERVICE, BASED UPON HOW LONG IT TAKES TO REFUND MY DEPOSIT. It should be quickly, you will not help until you get my money. But normally, they say it takes days to refund, THAT IS BS because it can be done INSTANTLY except when the company wants the use of my money for a few days.

Don't worry, we don't believe in keeping the money if the customer is not satisfied.
We have an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer