Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

The black transformer (box) on my power cord is not working.

Customer Question
My computer is plugged in...
the black transformer (box) on my power cord is not working. My computer is plugged in but not charging. Can you Send me a new power cord or tell me where to go to get one?not sure what info you need. The back says "conforming to IS 13252 (part 1) 2010.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/6/2017
Laptop technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Please tell me the maker name (e.g. Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway, etc.) of your device, and then the model of that device also, for which the black transformer is not working (I would guess it is a laptop computer, but please mention that also if you would)... and I will get you the information on a source for a new one that you need.

this is an HP lap top. notebook. where would I find the model #?

Anywhere on the case will do. Usually there's a name for the model on the laptop or notebook just 'above' the keyboard, not far from the Esc key at the upper left, or similarly 'above' the keyboard.

Let me know, please, at your convenience.

does hp.com/go/15hp50 help22 or does 15 ac -147d sound right
Did you get the model number

I'm sorry for the delay - I was cut off from internet for a bit.

Let me see... Is the laptop in question perhaps this one?:

15-ac147cl (ENERGY STAR)

see this page:

http://qrq.itcs.hp.com/m/P3X61UANA/cqr.do?cc=us&ll=en&jumpid=QR_PPS_P3X61UANA_NA

?

OK... I will look for a source, online, for a transformer or 'black box' or AC Adapter, for that model. Give me a few hours, please, if you would... I will be offline shortly for that long. But I will get back with results once online again.

Ok I will wait to hear from you

Thank you for waiting.

There are various sources for what you need, and the first two are these:

https://www.adaptervendor.com/original-45w-ac-adapter-hp-notebook-15-ac143wm-15-ac147cl-15-ac153tu-89821.html?source=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItbmWpsf21wIVD4GzCh1vEA3cEAQYASABEgJhD_D_BwE

which has a stated price of about $19, and is said to be for your model but to be '45 Watts' versus the greater wattage of the second choice:

https://www.one-cable.com/original-65w-hp-notebook-15ac143wm-15ac147cl-15ac153tu-ac-adapter-p-7358.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItbmWpsf21wIVD4GzCh1vEA3cEAQYAiABEgIV1fD_BwE

which has a stated price of about $23. (A greater wattage will charge your battery faster, basically, esp. if charging while the laptop is turned On and running.)

Other choices are roughly the same price range:

https://www.chargerbuy.com/hp-15-ac147cl-ac-adapter-p3x61ua-power.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItbmWpsf21wIVD4GzCh1vEA3cEAQYAyABEgIeQvD_BwE

or

https://www.ebay.com/i/232522195445?chn=ps

which is cheaper but may not have the cord, just the power pack or 'black brick' part of the AC Adapter.

http://www.justanswer.com/laptop/aupzp-black-transformer-box-power-cord-not-working.html

If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star rating interface at the top of the page for this question (cited below). A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.