Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Toshiba Protégé 7930-8931. It is functioning

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba...

I have a Toshiba Protégé 7930-8931. It is functioning remarkably well but needs a new keyboard and battery. Where can I send it or take it for service. I live in Atlanta

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your PROT&#233?

It's Windows 7, I believe

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PROT&#233? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I haven't. I did install more memory. Again, it's functioning perfectly fine, just needs a new keyboard (the letters are worn off) and battery.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Laptop technician: Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Can i have your zip code please?

30017

Is it still in warranty or has the warranty run out?

You cannot fix a keyboard and replace a battery online. I need to find out where to take it or send it. The warranty has run out. Are you with Toshiba?

I know that.

There are two types of centers, ones that deal with out of warranty and one that deals with in warranty.

So you will need to call this number(###) ###-####to get it serviced.

If you can change the keyboard yourself, i can try finding one for you. It is easy though and will save you money.

You can also raise the request online: https://www.bizcom-us.com/toshiba/reqrepair.fwx

OK. I changed the keyboard myself once before and was not happy with the results. I would prefer Toshiba would do so. Can you tell me again if you are working for Toshiba?

I am not working for Toshiba. I am a tech rep at JustAnswer where you came to ask question.

The information i have given you above is correct and in accordance with Toshiba.

OK. Thank you!

Welcome. And if you can take a second to rate my response would be greatly appreciated. I will be available to answer any questions or help you raise the service ticket if needed. Thanks

Where can I find a receipt for the $5 fee I paid?

I am a tech only so cannot assist with billing queries, but this should be in your e-mail or you can call customer service on 1(###) ###-####/p>

OK. Thanks

You're Welcome.