Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Lenovo Yoga 710 - 14IKB 80V4. I left it on and

Customer Question
I have a Lenovo Yoga...
I have a Lenovo Yoga 710 - 14IKB 80V4.
I left it on and closed it when I went to work yesterday. My girlfriend unplugged the power cord and when I opened it this morning there was a light blue screen. It will not let me restart or turn off. I tried to hit the small button on the side to reboot, but nothing happens. I unplugged it and now screen in black, but when I put power cord back in the very dark blue/purple screen appears and nothing I seem to do affects anything. I’m at a loss.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/4/2017
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please disconnect the power cable and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Once done, connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it then performs please.

Thank you

The screen became a little brighter, still dark, and is now flickering a black screen when it is plugged in.

When you first turned it on, did you see anything at all come up on the screen? Any Text?

No. And it never really seemed to shut down all the way. After I held the power for 60+ seconds, when I plugged back in the screen staring flickering right away. no text or message.

Ok, repeat my last instructions up to 3 times as it can take a few attempts to do the power reset we are trying.

Let me know the results please.

I had to go out of town so I couldn't finish before. I left computer unplugged while gone. I tried holding the power down for 60 seconds several times. Now when I plug laptop in the screen just flickers and flickers. Not sure if there is anything I can do?

Thanks

It is the internal motherboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Lenovo to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Laptop Specialist