Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

How can I feed a projector from my laptop. Dell indows ten.

Customer Question
How can I feed...

How can I feed a projector from my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell indows ten

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

All updates are current

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am pretty dumb

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
12/2/2017
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
Hello, this is Bing to help here.Can I first know the brand name and model number of your projector as well we the model of your Dell computer, so I can instruct you which ports on the devices are to be connected. Thanks.
I don’t know the projector info yet. It is part of a small theater setup in a senior living facility. The laptop is Dell Inspiron 1545
Okay let me review the manual. BTW, do you have a smartphone such as iPhone?
I do use an iPhone.
I plan to use the vga connector with an inline hdmi converter
I am using the iPhone right now.
I hope to also connect the laptop to my tv.
> I plan to use the vga connector with an inline hdmi converterWow, that's the thing I want to let you know. Okay, you know VGA port on your laptop, you know it is an HDMI port on the projector, and you know you need a VGA to HDMI converter and a cable to connect the laptop and projector. Correct?Basically, you know how to wire the two devices physically. Correct?
No thank you
What do you mean for "no thank you"? Do you mean you saw a promotion for Remote Assistance for $39? That's not from me.
I have the cables and converter
Physically wired already and both laptop and proejector are on?
No, I don’t have access to the projector today. I do have the setup for the tv
Your TV has a HDMI port and you know how to switch to display HDMI signal using its remote. Correct? If not, please let me know the TV model. Thanks.
I can switch the tv to the correct input hdmi. My ignorance is in setting up the laptop to feed what I have on the screen to the output port
I’m dealing with slide shows from google slides program and from power point
Okay, press WIN + P, which means pressing the Windows key (beside Space bar) and P key at the same time. You got two choices then: extend the screen to TV or mirror the content to TV. Let me know if it works.
It’ll be a few minutes
Nothing on tv
The most common reason is the TV is not switched to show HDMI signal especially you got multiple HDMI ports on the TV. Try using your remote to switch.
the screen lights up, when I choose ‘extend’ but the slide content isnt there
Don’t I have to direct the content to the port?
I have to go, let’s talk later
Okay take your time, just buzz me here once available.
Can you speak to how I set up my laptop to feed the projector
Sorry for replying late as I just got online. What's your best time for a phone call today?
I’m all finished. Thank you. Please enjoy my money.

Great! Well done.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer