Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

It's giving me the message no bootable drive I have tried…

Customer Question
It's giving me the...

It's giving me the message no bootable drive I have tried pressing and holding zero as I started I've went into the BIOS and change to CSM startup and disabled is secure startup so I do not know where to go from there I do not have a boot disk

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

The computer is it won't launch Windows it just gives me no bootable device please restart all I can do is go into BIOS

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the version of Windows?

Toshiba satellite C55 a 5310

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

And it's also Windows 7

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When it says this it means it cannot communicate with the hard drive.

Can you disconnect the power cable then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Once done, connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it then starts please.

It goes
to the same screen as before and asked me to boot from the boot disk which I do not have and I keep hearing a clicking sound

Thanks

The issue then is very clear, the click is the heads gears on the hard disk failing and the hard disk is not running.

This is the boot disk it is referring to as not being able to find

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have the drive replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I am sort of wondering if the hard drive is not corrupt I did see a download from Microsoft for Windows 7 but I was fixing to do that all I have is tablets of the than my laptop so I'd have to do a download on a SD card and then transfer

It is not corrupt, it has failed, a hardware fail, this issue is not software related but an actual hardware failure.