Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I haven acer aspire 721. Windows 10 upgrade. My problem is I…

Customer Question
Hi pearl. I haven...

Hi pearl. I haven acer aspire 721

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

Windows 10 upgrade

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

My problem is I the hdmi port. It was working fine and the audio quit. Can I reset the port. Can I test the port

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No updates recently that I'm aware of. Might happen when I'm sleeping

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
11/27/2017
Laptop technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

We are going to try this step first:

1. Right-click on sound volume icon in the lower right corner of Windows. A menu will show.

2. Click Playback devices.

3. In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI option. Click Set Default and click OK. Then the HDMI sound output will be set as default.

4. If you do not see the Digital Output Device or HDMI option in the Playback tab, right click on the blank place, then click Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices on the context menu. Then set it as default device.

Let me know if this works for you!

It shows device with red down arrow but no option to make default
No thank you

When you said No Thank You, ***** ***** it is the pop up on the screen. I try to warn people in the opening that the site will offer that. I'm sorry it does that. That isn't me doing that. Just click the red X on the pop up.

Ok

What we may need to do is to do a few simple things first before we try to do the more advanced items. Can I have you reboot the PC (bookmark this page) and also unplug the HDMI cable from the computer. When the computer boots up and logs in, plug in the cable again and ensure it has a good connection in your laptop and TV. Try to access that same area again and see if it has the Red arrow.

We may have to update your audio drivers.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer